Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 7: Jenner, plain and tall. (aka: Zach's Jenner)



As a kid, the antagonists of stories captivated my imagination.
Jenner, the conniving, power-hungry and savage rat from "Secret of NIHM" stole the show. Without him, the story would be just another boring 'help some sick kid' cliche'. (same could be said for most antagonists)
Jenner, in the vision of Don Bluth, was expressive, multi-dimensional and just an amazing presence on the screen/ canvas.

As much as I adore the character, I sadly am still knee deep in moving. I even had to un-pack the scanner to upload this goon. This week I tried using markers for coloring...not sure if I'm a fan. The colors from water colors seem more vibrant and alive.....
maybe even a re-do down the road for this.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Never trust a rat with a big ole curvy sword. Just a general rule of thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. especially with eyebrows like that.

    ReplyDelete