Friday, June 10, 2011

Week 13: She-Ra, Princess of Power





This is a first of our 'requests', and it's a fun idea.

We started out with another citizen of Eternia, Trap-jaw, and now go to the flip side. The ruling side, the 'good guy' side.
My sister watched "She-Ra" and I was amazed even then by her short short skirt. I felt that her conception was part-Barbarella and part Franzetta Amazonian warrior. Never trusting, or hell....liking good guys, I went with a less saccharine version of the Princess of Power.

Here's the colored up and finished version (click to see gold)


Some notes about this:
I felt that I lost TONS of the subjects life in transition from sketch to 'finished pose'. I'll be working from sketch and on sketch like I've done in the past.
The gold is a metallic surface. In the light, it shimmers. "sparkleeeeey'.
Hell yess that's "Hordak"'s head. If she's the 'princess of power, do something. Finish his tyrannical reign once and for all, right?
Right

Sketch below.


more life in that...or am I mistaken?


Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment