Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 4: Nemo's Nautical Nuclear Nautilus



Apologies for the delay. I had what I thought was and would be a rad idea, and something different for me, but the siren lead me off course and into the maelstrom of failure/ botched attempts.
So, as penance for my delay, I donated 24 dollars to the Red-Cross. (24 for 24 hours). Not only that, but if anyone does want this puppy, I'll donate the sale to the red-cross. Win win.



The downside of the delay, was that I saw Casey's work. The Squid of ages was prominent in his work, and I wanted to avoid that, less they look too similar. Yes, the subject is Jules Vern's "Nautilus" of Captain Nemo's creation, but there has to be some difference.
I had a blast making a quick version of Nemo's lackeys. It looks almost like the start of a recruitment poster.

"Captain Nemo wants YOU for his submariner antidisestablishmentary army!"

Ok, the slogan needs work.
Enjoy.

here's the botched attempt. When I massacred the face, I called it quits.








So, the first "melt down" was mine. Casey, pressures off ya.

1 comment:

  1. Lookout behind you!!! Glad you got'er done man and it's cool to see the one you abandoned, though it could do with a few more angry pencil stabs.

    ReplyDelete