Saturday, November 17, 2012

TTT 22 - Daenerys Targaryen (and Drogon)

Zach's the one who got me started on 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and he really created a monster. I was just going to watch the series but he told me to read the books first - about a hundred pages into 'Game of Thrones' I was completely and totally hooked. A few weeks of OCD marathon reading sessions later and I'd read up through 'A Dance of Dragons.' For those of you who haven't dove in yet; seriously, wow, I really can't oversell this series - it's far more intelligent, nuanced and expansive than I could have possibly imagined. I finally got around to watching the show and it's a blast but I'm gonna echo Zach's advice and suggest that if you haven't done so already (and have a few thousand hours to kill), you check out the books first.

I think we're gonna try doing a series with the next few posts, first up is Daenerys Targaryen.



Awww, ain't that cute? Drogon likes to snuggle. 

2 comments:

  1. HELL YES!

    Amazing color palette. Way to go man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Coloring this was kind of a pain, I started off trying to do Drogon a dark gray so I could have shading and whatnot and then I decided to stop being and wuss and just went solid black.

    ReplyDelete